What to do
- Follow the instructions provided by the 1-1-8 staff.
- Cover the patient and protect him/her from the environment.
- Encourage and reassure the patient.
- In case of accident, do not hinder the arrival of the emergency services and signal the danger to passers-by.
- Carefully unfasten tight garments (belt, tie) to facilitate breathing.
What not to do
- DO NOT panic.
- DO NOT move the traumatized person unless this is strictly necessary as a result of danger within the surrounding area (gas, fire, immediate risk of a building collapsing, etc.).
- DO NOT give the person food or drinks.
- DO NOT allow them to take medicines.